If An Abused Dog Could Speak... - Poem by chantelle ribeiro
Chained and chaffed
It hurts, Master!
Why do you glare at me?
Do I not love you unconditionally?
Why leave me alone?
I am hungry and dizzy from the sun
Please bring me water!
Have I done something wrong?
I never asked you to choose me
I thought you wanted me all along!
But I was glad you did
I miss the warmth of your arms
I was only a little pup then
but you loved me didn't you?
You made me love you too!
And now I look up at the sky
I want to be that butterfly
I do not understand
the harsh words
the burning pain from your hand
I am your friend
I am loyal until the end
So here I have to remain
But in my eyes you'll see my pain
Comments about If An Abused Dog Could Speak... by chantelle ribeiro
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda