Sylvia Loven Carter
Knew - Poem by Sylvia Loven Carter
Oak trees under water, the sky upside down
beautiful sun shining
you knew, she knew who else knew?
you're friends knew, some of my friends knew
some of you're family knew, some of my family knew
They tried to tell me some directly and indirectly
I didn't want to hear or accept it
although deep in my heart and mind I knew
and at the same time was in deep denial
because it hurt my heart
are was it my pride?
Maybe if I stayed he'd/she'd
cause they knew I and knew my heart was all for LOVING YOU
so why didn't it change?
Comments about Knew by Sylvia Loven Carter
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl