Mr. Hero - Poem by Shannon Nicole
I found this hero today.
They looked right through me,
As though I were invisible.
They never noticed me,
What a smile I had on my face.
I am happy to see you, Mr. Hero,
But you don't see that I'm right here.
You're looking right through me.
You're not seeing that I'm here.
Mr. Hero, I am here to save you,
For you are my hero no longer.
I'm here to take care of you, Mr. Hero,
Not for you to take care of me.
Wake up, Mr. Hero.
I'm here to take your temperature.
I'm here to make sure you're all better.
Mr. Hero, I'm sorry to inform you,
But you're not my hero anymore.
Comments about Mr. Hero by Shannon Nicole
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda