My Legacy - Poem by Cassandra Boyd
I stand on the shoulders of my ancestors,
my predecessors holding hands that creates
yet another rung to a ladder of great strength,
A ladder of surmountable length.
This ladder built from flesh and bones long gone,
from a pride so strong, a love so far reaching that
surpasses conventional teachings.
Though alone I may stand, alone I will never be,
As I forever carry my ancestors with me.
Just like they have lifted me I will one day
do the same as my legacy.
Comments about My Legacy by Cassandra Boyd
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl