O Bee! - Poem by vavroovahana patra
VAVROO VAHANA PATRA
O Bee! How beautifully you build your honey-comb!
But greedy men, for the sake of honey, demolish your home!
With what intensive industry you store your honey!
But cruel human beings steal and sell it to earn money!
You save your honey to be used by your kith in future;
But, very sadly it becomes prey to human desire.
Your sweet honey is gone; your lovely home is gone!
How ugly looks the tree and the vernal morn!
People, too, save money for their future generation;
But thieves and dacoits snatch it and make it their own possession.
Thus, one mortal’s savings are plundered by another;
But “ Ill got, ill spent” it the law of even nature.
Comments about O Bee! by vavroovahana patra
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl