Poem 1 - Poem by Melanie Bradley
A million knives,
A thousand hearts,
Conducted by a mass choir,
Of distance between truth and time.
Imbued by the shadow cast on a winter lake.
An eerie silence sung by the mirthless,
Travelling in lies.
That poet praising truth,
Discontented but accepting,
The beauty in an age.
A witness of subsiding satiety.
Acknowledging the absence of freedom,
Like a truant child,
In hope and fear.
A shy love, preaching of the souls lust,
A woe and a reward.
Comments about Poem 1 by Melanie Bradley
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl