Rhodesian Ridgebacks - Poem by Chris Lane
Dempsey has two beautiful Rhodesian Ridgebacks,
Wilhelm and Isabella. No confusion here,
A grown man has named these dogs!
Strangest of all, ol’ Dempsey
Commands Wilhelm and Isabella
In a language, unfamiliar -
No words, just clicking sounds
Formed in the roof of his mouth.
Willingly Wilhelm obeys ol’ Dempsey’s every commands.
Isabella, who exhibits a higher form of intelligence,
Lives in her mind and as a result
Ignores Dempsey most of the time…
Comments about Rhodesian Ridgebacks by Chris Lane
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda