Stuff - Poem by Antoine Lavoisier
The realization has just fallen:
Her birthday card to me has been
Hidden on my desk-that
Cluttered mess of books and stuff (count: I) -
And since last August I forgot
That it was there.
[Over time, I oft overlook the opus words that
Make life more marvelous, less mundane.]
Have I been too worried with myself? Does she mind
My mind still figuring, still learning stuff (count: II) ?
The craft card on my desktop counter
Sits still. It is opened, words re-read.
And 'til next August,
There it rests.
Every word is a delight.
Comments about Stuff by Antoine Lavoisier
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl