The Truth - Poem by Shannon Nicole
Living a life of lies
Floating through the world
Not knowing what is right
What the hell do I do now?
I've forgotten how to love...
How to care for those that need to be
Lying awake in a wonderful dream
Knowing that nothing could ever hurt me
So I take that blade
I thrust it into my chest
Hoping no one would notice my disappearance
That is exactly what happened
No one noticed
So I smiled in my blood
I smiled at the floor
My first real smile was shown...
Comments about The Truth by Shannon Nicole
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl