Untitled - Poem by Samah Khan
And it rained, and it snowed and it hailed all in one-
The sky held everything in place but for the sun
No leaves on the trees, on the bare boughs none,
For it rained and it snowed and it hailed all in one.
God’s Wrath undone, they said in unison,
Flowers died in mid-bloom, right beneath the sun,
(Its watchful eye deceives no one) , But it was helpless when it rained and hailed and snowed all in one.
So I closed my eyes and began to run,
That’s when the rain and the snow and the hail had come undone,
I’d had enough-so they stopped (though they’d barely begun)
Right before I found out that it rained and snowed and hailed on me,
And besides me, no one.
Comments about Untitled by Samah Khan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl