Who Of Us? - Poem by Carmela Patterson
Who of us can love the Lord as we ought?
Many are the issues with which we are fraught
In the snares of satan we can be caught,
But through Jesus we are Blood-bought.
Who of us can love the Lord as we should?
At times we'd wish to be free if we could
When Jesus suffered where would we have stood
Run or tend to Him on his cross of wood?
Who of us can love the Lord with soul afire?
Is Jesus only the object of our heart's desire?
Jesus, the Lord, can lift us from the filthy mire
And through The Lord's Prayer He does inspire!
Who of us can love the Lord with heart aflame?
Do we really know why Jesus came?
He died to save us, our souls to enflame.
O Lord, Jesus, your Holy Name we acclaim!
Comments about Who Of Us? by Carmela Patterson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl