Zoological Classification X - Poem by MARINA GIPPS
I suspect I was born chromosomally damaged.
How can you love me knowing this?
Our children will be serial killers.
We will laugh maniacally in the face of destruction.
Hurricanes will weather poorly in our midst.
We will love one last time violently with bravado.
As if plotting to rob a bank knowing our debt to society is none.
Knowing we are owed the collateral of ourselves
(For being subdued for so long) .
Our laws bathe us with worry when God’s rules
Were written by men so tiny they are obsessed
With their Washington Monument, building more,
Destroying more lives than merely we two.
This is called the End of the World love:
When no one is watching the havock begins.
Comments about Zoological Classification X by MARINA GIPPS
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl