Dark Side Of Tomorrow
From our moment of creation
Till our last day on this earth,
Comes the search for things eternal;
Moving forward from our birth.
If truth be told, we all have fear,
This communal bond we share.
The rich, the poor, the weak or strong
Have this cross that we must bear.
'Tis not the fear of life, of love,
Or the trials that we shall meet.
It is the ever pressing threat
Of the fate we all must greet.
To think on death as quick release
Perhaps, would appeal to some.
What grips my heart and soul would be
The mystery yet to come.
On the dark side of tomorrow,
When the reaper takes his prey,
I hope to say O! death be quick
And I'll be on my way.
Joseph Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dark Side Of Tomorrow by Joseph Anderson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- eat it up like yeah?, Mandolyn ...
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI