15th Of August 2014 - India's Independence Day.
Freedom is kept, never won.
Treasured in the womb of our consciousness.
Practised every passing moment.
Grown, tendered, nurtured, across time.
Rooted in the individual minority of us all.
It never dies, was spoken about in every epoch past.
Indestructible by fire, wind, water and nature.
Given by god, to gods within.
Burning bright incessantly,
Brining light of knowledge, diversity and dissent.
Ever aligned to the supreme sublime.
We live free, forever.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (15th Of August 2014 - India's Independence Day. by Hardik Vaidya )
- Slow Burner, fiona sinclair
- Trust, fiona sinclair
- Wonderland, fiona sinclair
- Inherited Friend, fiona sinclair
- The Quiet Room, fiona sinclair
- White Christmas, fiona sinclair
- When a sex symbol takes to sensible shoes, fiona sinclair
- Mohobbat gulaami, Saleem Zidi
- The reluctant bride and groom, fiona sinclair
- Fear, UMBELINA FROTA Linhares Pime ..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns