A.Blok, In the endless corridors... - translation (rus.)
By Alexander Blok
In the endless distance of the corridors
Isn't that she, who's dancing far?
Isn't that me, who rudely was rended off
By a dispute while music flight?
Neither you, people, could me tell anything,
Nor you'd find, how dark is my temple.
Only shivering of your breast, only
Is unclosed to my eyes, inflamed.
Look, my heart is a bird of oblivion,
In the golden, but flying-by beam:
It is she, who is like a drunkard whirling,
Celebrating thus the funeral feast.
Nothing she does need from the modest man,
Nor she needs a wit, silly man far,
And she doesn't like such as me, staying
Near wall, having darkness in mind...
Oh my heart, please, rise up as a light bird high,
Fly upwards and awaken my love!
Tame her eyelashes then with the lanquor,
To her white-swarty shoulders tie!
And the beating heart, as a bird, captive -
Look, it's circling around afar
In light dance - as the bird in the heavens,
Nor to one, nor to anything tied..
Lyudmila31 Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Blok, In the endless corridors... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Imagine., Leonard Champlin
- Insomiacs, Payal Priya
- Empty Soul, George Egba
- Not His Cartoons, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- what is a compliment, lee fones
- our Archie, our one eyed parrot, lee fones
- Thesaurus, lee fones
- Who Says India Is Not Secular? Do Not Mi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Loneliness, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- India-centric Statement, Bijay Kant Dubey