A.Blok, In the endless corridors... - translation (rus.)
By Alexander Blok
In the endless distance of the corridors
Isn't that she, who's dancing far?
Isn't that me, who rudely was rended off
By a dispute while music flight?
Neither you, people, could me tell anything,
Nor you'd find, how dark is my temple.
Only shivering of your breast, only
Is unclosed to my eyes, inflamed.
Look, my heart is a bird of oblivion,
In the golden, but flying-by beam:
It is she, who is like a drunkard whirling,
Celebrating thus the funeral feast.
Nothing she does need from the modest man,
Nor she needs a wit, silly man far,
And she doesn't like such as me, staying
Near wall, having darkness in mind...
Oh my heart, please, rise up as a light bird high,
Fly upwards and awaken my love!
Tame her eyelashes then with the lanquor,
To her white-swarty shoulders tie!
And the beating heart, as a bird, captive -
Look, it's circling around afar
In light dance - as the bird in the heavens,
Nor to one, nor to anything tied..
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A.Blok, In the endless corridors... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- HOLLYWOOD 1996, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HILLARY CLINTON'S ADDRESS, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- HELLO PUPPIT LADY, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- TORMENT, Donald Charon
- Parents (Quatrain), Dorian Petersen Potter
- HEATH THE IMPERSONATOR, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Forgive or Forget, Deanna Gorton
- HATS OFF TO DR. CAMERON AND JOANN, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Day By Day With God Make My Way (Sonneti.., Dorian Petersen Potter
- HAROLD'S COFFEE LOUNGE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Mighty Horny Power Rangers, Ramona Thompson
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)