RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Child's Need
Running silently from his schoolroom he runs to me in tears.
What is the matter? What is wrong?
I want to know!
Can't seem to get in the groove of things today.
It's all so much to learn.
Overwhelmingly, it causes him to spurn the teacher.
Volumes unspoken, are causing tears to flow.
A little hug, some reassurance, a listening ear is all that is required.
It only took a minute's patience - why are teachers so uptight?
We don't mind the minute for our child.
It does our hearts good to know a person's human - how much more so for a child?
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Child's Need by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- voice of thee, binod bastola
- DREAMS, Philo Yan
- I need her in my eyes, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Ocean Swallows Another Day~~~, Monk E. Biz
- Dreams of Mind Reading, Brian Johnston
- Fences. They Are Everywhere, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ode To The Iroko Dryad, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- What one should not do in the learned as.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- I Got Lost in Your Eyes, Hebert Logerie
- Crawling Into Bed, Michael McParland