A Honey Trap Gives me the Jitters
O, You running clouds! Go to that farthest land
and heal her wounds with consoling words.
She cries and pleads to get free
from the care of hard core Fathers.
She wants me to take her as my wife and partner
and is ready to transfer her inherited money
to my account and herself to my country.
I don't want her or her wealth
as one will corrupt my honesty
and the other my grateful, febrile heart.
I wish God who had saved me
many-a-time from the gnawing death,
should liberate her from the den
and lend her His Hand to settle there around.
May wise thoughts and fresh floods
fill my account at heart to swell and swill
into poems to melt the stony hearts
and cause her release from the dungeon.
I am not a money-grubbing man or a sinner
to lose all my morals and put aside my conscience.
If she beats her chest about
betrayal of her trust later,
I can't bear it with my weak heart.
Her contemptuous scowl or her painful silence
would stop my heart for ever.
If she thinks of my decision later
and thanks me with beatific smiles,
that will comfort this mournful soul.
rajendran muthiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Honey Trap Gives me the Jitters by rajendran muthiah )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Kazi Nazrul Islam
(24 May 1899 - 29 August 1976)
(1330 - 1390)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Nested above the lavenders, maryline vautravers
- A Semester Night, Muhammad Sarim Ashrafi
- Lonely all the time, Kelly Shanks
- A New Year Prayer of Blessings, Paul Sebastian
- Haiku 10 (A Flower Stands), Paul Sebastian
- Life Goes Clockwise, But..., Richard Blay
- Face the Wind, Paul Sebastian
- The three happy men are in the world, no.., Yuri Starostin
- Far away stare, Cee Bea
- N.D.F.B. Lai katna jau, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya