a L I V E And free
Two friends on the phone, for so many years they’ve shared
Friendly calls and confidences… together they’ve graduated
From high school. Friends together they’ve made,
Happiness and so many laughs jointly they’ve enhanced.
From the trips shared one stayed Home
with her Prince in Love in Brazil, South America.
The other friend moved North and also called Home
For her dreams of freedom in United States of America.
From South to North, from North to South,
The friends visited each other, keeping alive over decades their friendship.
The South friends a miracle made, an Angel with big blue eyes, their first daughter to call LIVEA
By generous hands of GOD, to bring a blessed new life into this world, and to keep their friendship ALIVE.
Florida Angel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (a L I V E And free by Florida Angel )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Cross, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray