A man with a black coat!
Walking down the crowded lane
I just had a glimpse of man with black coat and a big hat covering his face.
So mysterious he looked
My curiosity aroused to see him.
But he vanished in no time.
Then I entered a lonely road
To my home.
Full of trees and a garden with silence.
Just enjoying its beauty I went along.
Then again caught a glimpse of same black coat.
But this time horror stuck me.
I felt he was following me.
The started walking fast.
Then started running.
Then I just turned back
He was not visible.
I felt relieved.
About to go, to my horror
He was right in front.
He caught my hand so tight.
I thought I will just faint.
Then slowly he removed his hat.
To my horror I couldn't believed
Leaving me gasped
It was my beloved
And he was expected next week only.
Oh my God!
But it was such a surprise full of
Sweetness, and horror too
How can I ever forget such a wonderful
Life is meaningful when surprises
Come on our way!
Am I right!
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A man with a black coat! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- The Passing of the Lord, Translation of .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Teleskof, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bearing With One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Danyell, Edward Kofi Louis
- ap english, imani halley
- Out Of Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pagan To The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Uplifting One Another, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kelita, Edward Kofi Louis
- Feliciano, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- avenues america, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)