A Strange Peddler
I'm a strange street peddler,
vending my variety of goods
I do sell my collections -
By roaming in the streets and lanes.
Loads of articles I brought today -
Keeping them in big round trays.
Laughter, song and emotions -
Along with pleasure, fun and joy.
I brought handful of entertainment
With love, lust and joy.
Sorrows, pains and tears even
I brought but kept in a corner.
Cheer up and buy them now
Cherish them with full blast.
Because tomorrow you won't get them again
Even you wish to have.
Hello guys, can you hear -
My today's vending is ended here.
Let me say a good bye to you,
Calling it a day and thank you.
A very strange peddler I am-
Isn't that you all feel?
Do you want to know my name?
Well; .... TIME is my name.
Once I depart and go away-
Will never come again.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY AMITAVA SUR
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Strange Peddler by Amitava Sur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- What Catfish Is For - Meditation In Caro.., Warren Falcon
- Forgotten Waltz No.2 (After Liszt), mary douglas
- Freedom, Please, Sandra Feldman
- Billy The Kid In A Sky Blue Kerchief, mary douglas
- SERVANTHOOD, MYK NWACHUKWU
- A Thousand Words, Nelson Yang
- *VI*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- This Prismatic Day, mary douglas
- Take My Last Sapphire Wish To Use On, mary douglas
- Savory Deal, Mike Acker