A Watery Secret.
Watery messenger of past love-hates,
Rivering, subtley, each potentised remnant
Of thousands before. Stored, they are waiting,
Unseen, for us to catch sound of laments.
Or of happiness states. Minutely floating.
Deep-level listeners hear musical notes
Of lives long gone, their chromosome cries,
Though shaken, pressed down, liquidised, need
To be heard. Passing birds tilt an eye
As though aware. Furry travellers speed,
But halt to hear silent melody. Stoat,
Vole and Otter detect symphony. Why
Then can't we turn an ear, listen carefully
To rivers, streaming the smiles and past sighs
Of yester-year folk, - - and learn if we dare.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Watery Secret. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chaperon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Great Warmth of a Curious Heart, B.. Alexander
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp