RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Absorbed In Nature
Eyes travel slowly over roving grassy hills,
taking my mind along into imagination's stores.
Totally absorbed in nature's beauty, watching it
closely for rapturous humor.
Gently rocking memories of childhood, bringing
them forth and associating them today.
Feelings bowling along like children's laughter
on a snowy hill.
Filled with an unexpected sense of apprehension,
whiling away the hours, sitting here, writing.
Seeking to somehow find myself in all I write,
never being satisfied that I've even found a little
part of me.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Absorbed In Nature by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- The Picture Book At The End Of The World, mary douglas
- O women, gajanan mishra
- Storm, Md. Asadullah
- To Fall, Morgan Michaels
- Folks You Can't Forget, Donal Mahoney
- Sara, Birgitta Heikka
- ZZ Ebola Seen In Light Of The 1976 Swine.., Saiom Shriver
- As a salesman, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eyes Lock, Saiom Shriver
- Gods Will Be Watching, Kaio Clark
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)