It was a gloomy afternoon.
The sky overcast with dark clouds..
Time passed by to make me realise,
Fate has been sealed in my own hands…
Seeking for the wet dreams
Which engulfed me every day and night….
I squeezed my soul to relieve myself of the pain
That was burning me for so long,
Waiting thereby for the awakening
Of the deep sensual touches
And kissing your dry lips
In the black and white painting!
Thus my skin melted
With the pleasure of my own self..
Meeting the silhouette of extreme passion,
Moaning with ecstasy
With my head high
Discovering my delicate obsession…
And then, it started to rain…!
Copyright © 2012 Indranil Bhaduri
Indranil Bhaduri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afternoon by Indranil Bhaduri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Television, Roald Dahl
Poem of the Day
- New York City, Dawson Walter Smith
- I will turn my eyes from you, Nero CaroZiv
- In Concert Tonight, Donal Mahoney
- January 1st,2015, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- One Needs The Other, Kyle Schlicher
- Escaping The World, silenced work
- Lonely, silenced work
- Agnostic Afloat, Donal Mahoney
- Unharmed Pinecones, Saiom Shriver