Ah kite, golden-winged kite, don’t cry any more this noon
of moist clouds, as you hover around the Dhanshniri river
Your whimper reminds of her eyes dim as pale cane-fruit!
A pretty princess she has drifted afar,
leaving the Earth bereft of beauty;
Why do you call her back?
Who wants to stir up pain by digging heart?
Ah kite, golden-winged kite, stop crying this noon
of tearful clouds, while flying around the Dhanshniri river.
Translated by Faizul Latif Chowdhury
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ah Kite by Jibanananda Das )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Living up to love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Leave Sorrow Behind, Paul Gerard Reed
- A LANDSCAPE IS AWAITING..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- الغابة السوداء, نزار قباني
- <<< Free Conscience, Abdul Wahab
- شموس, نزار قباني
- المعطف, نزار قباني
- You Are My Love, You Are My Heart, Radha.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Poem: Hymnody, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- You Are My Love, You Are My Heart, Radha, Bijay Kant Dubey