..an ' urge ' burns in my heart..
..a wish for me to see..
..the grand mountains stretching to the sky..
..n the beauty of being free...
..i wish to see more of those nomadic lands..
..that prosper infinitely far, far away..
..away from the blistering heat in this cosmetic land..
..where life is so dull and gray..
..i dream of the rugged mountains singing..
..covered with sunlit rays of shining gold..
..of places sung in songs of legend..
..written in days of gold...
..i long for the sight of the heavens..
..of those barren deserts and sparse oasis of green..
..and my heart aches for the sight..
..of something it has never seen..
..i do not know where this road will lead me..
..for it goes ever on and on..
..yet i bid it to lead me where ever it may..
..if i happen to reach Ladakh by d break of dawn.... :) ;)
Rigzin Namgyal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Urge by Rigzin Namgyal )
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
- Born Too Many Times, Oduro Bright Amoh
- Self Examination, Phil Soar
- Life's Prison, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- One Enchanted Garden, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)