..an ' urge ' burns in my heart..
..a wish for me to see..
..the grand mountains stretching to the sky..
..n the beauty of being free...
..i wish to see more of those nomadic lands..
..that prosper infinitely far, far away..
..away from the blistering heat in this cosmetic land..
..where life is so dull and gray..
..i dream of the rugged mountains singing..
..covered with sunlit rays of shining gold..
..of places sung in songs of legend..
..written in days of gold...
..i long for the sight of the heavens..
..of those barren deserts and sparse oasis of green..
..and my heart aches for the sight..
..of something it has never seen..
..i do not know where this road will lead me..
..for it goes ever on and on..
..yet i bid it to lead me where ever it may..
..if i happen to reach Ladakh by d break of dawn.... :) ;)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Urge by Rigzin Namgyal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 14, Michael P. McParland
- My Only Angel 2, Michael P. McParland
- Modi Saheb, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inspiration Is Dead In Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Brothers, Raymond A. Foss
- Politician, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- My Brother, Raymond A. Foss
- If We Ever Meet Again....., Lichu Thomas
- Because I Care, Shahid Hussain Chouhdry
- o! she's gone away, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj