..an ' urge ' burns in my heart..
..a wish for me to see..
..the grand mountains stretching to the sky..
..n the beauty of being free...
..i wish to see more of those nomadic lands..
..that prosper infinitely far, far away..
..away from the blistering heat in this cosmetic land..
..where life is so dull and gray..
..i dream of the rugged mountains singing..
..covered with sunlit rays of shining gold..
..of places sung in songs of legend..
..written in days of gold...
..i long for the sight of the heavens..
..of those barren deserts and sparse oasis of green..
..and my heart aches for the sight..
..of something it has never seen..
..i do not know where this road will lead me..
..for it goes ever on and on..
..yet i bid it to lead me where ever it may..
..if i happen to reach Ladakh by d break of dawn.... :) ;)
Rigzin Namgyal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Urge by Rigzin Namgyal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Moon Landing Celebration, Ima Ryma
- DREAMS ARE LIKE WAVES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Brilliant Story-Telling, Margaret Alice Second
- Friendship Miles, Littlewing28 Pani
- Eternal Wings of Love, Pintu Mahakul
- Lost, Yasin Engno
- THE PRETTY SUN, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- March against austerity, Bob Johnson
- To remain peaceful, hasmukh amathalal
- Broken, Yasin Engno