an ode to my mother
..for every moan that escaped you during my birth...
.every bit of my flesh i owe to you 'O Mother'..
..in great pain did you bear me for my existence..
..all my pain belittles in front of you ' O Mother '..
..when i feared tripping in the depths of darkness...
..you acted as my cane and embraced me with your light..
..when without a second you gave your life for mine..
..that very moment my heart belonged to you forever..
..i remember when my father punished me...
..it was always your love that stopped him...
..your heart was a deep abyss..
..at the bottom of which i always found forgiveness..
..you worked hard till your limbs did hurt...
..but never thought of blaming me for the pain....
..there was only one pretty child in the world..
..and in your eyes it was always me ' O Mother '...
..your love for me knew no infinite...
..it could make the earth stop and heavens tremble....
..in the heavens above even the angels started crying...
..seeing the love so devotional like yours ' O Mother '..
....you were always my first love...
...and in my ' first love ' i found my liberation..
..great wars and battles were fought by warriors, kings and men...
....but the bravest battle that was ever fought...
..will not be found in the pages of history written by men...
...it was silently fought by you ' O Mother '...
...we speak of diamonds and jewel...
.. u were the jewel in my life that i will always treasure...
...we speak of pain and torture...
..the pain was the look in your eyes when i saw u the last time..
..the torture was in seeing tears fall from the angelic eyes of my mother..
..kill me, skin me, peel me, punish me..do as you wish God...
..but never let tears fall from d beautiful eyes of my mother...
...your flesh still slumbers in me...
..and even now only after my eyes close..your heart sleeps...
..u share with me a ' bond ' that even the God's do envy...
..a bond that is so dear that only a mother can understand...: (: (
Rigzin Namgyal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (an ode to my mother by Rigzin Namgyal )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie