an ode to my mother
..for every moan that escaped you during my birth...
.every bit of my flesh i owe to you 'O Mother'..
..in great pain did you bear me for my existence..
..all my pain belittles in front of you ' O Mother '..
..when i feared tripping in the depths of darkness...
..you acted as my cane and embraced me with your light..
..when without a second you gave your life for mine..
..that very moment my heart belonged to you forever..
..i remember when my father punished me...
..it was always your love that stopped him...
..your heart was a deep abyss..
..at the bottom of which i always found forgiveness..
..you worked hard till your limbs did hurt...
..but never thought of blaming me for the pain....
..there was only one pretty child in the world..
..and in your eyes it was always me ' O Mother '...
..your love for me knew no infinite...
..it could make the earth stop and heavens tremble....
..in the heavens above even the angels started crying...
..seeing the love so devotional like yours ' O Mother '..
....you were always my first love...
...and in my ' first love ' i found my liberation..
..great wars and battles were fought by warriors, kings and men...
....but the bravest battle that was ever fought...
..will not be found in the pages of history written by men...
...it was silently fought by you ' O Mother '...
...we speak of diamonds and jewel...
.. u were the jewel in my life that i will always treasure...
...we speak of pain and torture...
..the pain was the look in your eyes when i saw u the last time..
..the torture was in seeing tears fall from the angelic eyes of my mother..
..kill me, skin me, peel me, punish me..do as you wish God...
..but never let tears fall from d beautiful eyes of my mother...
...your flesh still slumbers in me...
..and even now only after my eyes close..your heart sleeps...
..u share with me a ' bond ' that even the God's do envy...
..a bond that is so dear that only a mother can understand...: (: (
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (an ode to my mother by Rigzin Namgyal )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lucy Gray, or Solitude, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Well-Worn Story, Dorothy Parker
Poem of the Day
- Goodnight Sweet Love 3, Michael P. McParland
- Undercurrent, Asma Riaz Khan
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..