I want to make it quite clear.....
my heart is not a thoroughfare.
i long for never-never land
for honest people, nice and fair.
no joys i find in shallow world
im fed up of this love-sick air.
wipe out these tears and hold the grief
i don't have too much time to share.
but darkness can't be a horrid thing
sun shines through this mist of despair.
friends oft misinterpret my love
they judge me but by surface layer.
so time is up, so words are spent,
so i intend to go, ....but where?
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anarchy by Shahzia Batool )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Baby's World, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- One Natural Rhythm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Without Sun, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- This Section is a Christmas Tree, Luo Zhihai
- Knowledge Beyond Years, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- X MAS, Tiku akp
- Interlude Of Justice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Timeless Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'm Still The Same, Gillu Rahul
- They are all equal, gajanan mishra
- On the Day of an Election, Ponniah Ganeshan