B.Pasternak, Hamlet - translation (rus.)
Hamlet by Boris Pasternak
The boom has gone. I've stepped onto the scene.
Inclined to door-post, clear I could feel
The distant sound of my future life.
The dark of night is staring perplexing
With thousands of glasses in one axis.
Oh please my Lord, release me of this cup.
I like idea being so stubborn,
And surely I'm ready it to play.
But on the stage today is other drama,
And please, dismiss me of the naughty play.
The rules of Being distinctly established
Till to the end of way you had fulfilled.
And I'm alone on Pharisee's planet,
Life is not simple walk across the field.
Boris Pasternak was the famous translator of 'Hamlet' by Shakespeare
into russian, this poem is reflecting his attitude to this drama
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (B.Pasternak, Hamlet - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Space Framed Beauty, Saiom Shriver
- Unhealthy Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Miracle Making, Saiom Shriver
- Now and Forever, Eugene Latumbo
- Purpose, Passion, Faith & Love, Tom Zart
- Death Or Life, Saiom Shriver
- Discovery, Phil Soar
- Her Beauty, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Desire, Sergi Dutronc
- Life, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan