B.Pasternak, Today at morning... - translation (rus.)
By Boris Pasternak
Today at morning they will rise up,
Who were the children yesterday.
With swords of new calls there will be tied
The curve of hiplines, strictly set.
As soon as a tatar's cry resounds
Over the courtyard far as well, -
They'll glance behind the mileage known
Of way, familiar to them.
They'll recognize that orphan's rainfall,
That bluish and dove-coloured rain,
And that horizon of the town
With theatres and posts, and shambles.
Where all the signs are stamps of a man's foot,
Which is forwards turned, no way to back.
They'll hear: that's the start, the clear clue,
Example given - they're the next.
And both are now obliged to go
Along that way in a whole ever,
As if with rasp, with the blue oils,
As if across the ford together.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (B.Pasternak, Today at morning... - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- 'My Poems Conclusion With All My Sadness.., Ali Sabry
- 'My Dear, ', Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess3-, Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess2-, Ali Sabry
- - Dear My Lovely Beauty Princess1-, Ali Sabry
- - My Poems Introduction The Romantic Poe.., Ali Sabry
- Thomas Shadwell (an intro), Yohan Confectioner
- - My Last Letter To My Lovely Beauty Lad.., Ali Sabry
- - Yesterday I Was Walking Alone On The R.., Ali Sabry
- - To My Dear Expensive-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)