RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Strength and joy of Christmas is based upon a foundation of
hurt and sorrow, grief is abundant - is overflowing through
many glass tears.
Although there is happiness and laughter, pain peers through
it all, looking, searching for some relief in family members,
close, who are still here with us.
Christmastime is fulfillment of family on earth and in heaven,
all are together in hearts and memories.
Mindful of those who have gone before us, we must turn to those
still here, reaching out with close-knit hearts and souls.
Turning aside our own selfish thoughts - our own private grief,
coming closer together in spite of it all, making our lives and
those around us a little lighter with smiles and kindness.
All, in one way or another, have been touched with the purity
of death, the finality of life, and have wept unceasingly
through tears and grief, minds flowering on the graves of
those who have left us.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas Time by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 February 1970-)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
Poem of the Day
- Missing, Marilyn Jean
- Mourning Glory, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Seem Deprived, But..., Brave Hearts
- No More War for Heroes Forty-Four, Tom Navarro
- Vintage Dreams, Nika McGuin
- MOTHER'S CURSE, john chizoba vincent
- Little Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Risque, Tiku akp
- Loss of Innocence, Bijay Kant Dubey
- HUMANKIND, john chizoba vincent