Cleaning My Empty Room
I didn’t know this empty room was so full
Until I began to clean its mess of emptiness.
Vacant houses in corner webs,
Tiny creepers across the floor,
Bits of someone else’s world,
Windswept under the bed,
Startled spiders seeing red.
Worlds within worlds, wee factories,
Neglected cemeteries covering other’s memories,
Uninvited neighbors and silent, secret mini-monsters,
An underworld, an outerworld,
Not all the same,
Not all known by name.
Are we within worlds, within worlds, within worlds
of someone’s cosmos and galaxy?
Do we have worlds within worlds, within worlds,
within our cosmos and galaxy?
- August 22,2006
Ben Gieske's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cleaning My Empty Room by Ben Gieske )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- an ailing wind, RIC S. BASTASA
- mistaken......, RIC S. BASTASA
- All I'm Looking For, Angel Gibbs
- To You, With Love, Fareez Nasir
- For smooth sailing, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Genuine respect, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Let go of my wrist!, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A sweet dream..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- She is I, Shweta Nair
- Poetic Sleeping Habits ~there are none, LUVinThe NOW