There it was a deadly silence, grasping all around!
The insects rejoiced, slowly crawling, causing yet no sound.
Pitch darkness prevailed then, all across the land!
And there walked a human figure, a lit-up lamp in his hand.
His face was shady, invisible, his eyes carried a glow,
A blurred vision of stealthy steps that was, in the show.
His other palm gripped a sword, with slowly dripping blood!
A shivering story was in the making, as he fell down in the mud!
The burning lamp was lying beside, thus lighting up his face,
It was dawn and the sun came on, wiping out the grimace.
And shining bright under the light he took his last breath,
There he was, my own conscience, dying a painful death!
Copyright © 2012 Indranil Bhaduri
Indranil Bhaduri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death by Indranil Bhaduri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- The ship of the desert, gajanan mishra
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- गोजां बोथोर - सोरबा नागिरदोँ गुदुं गुदुं, Ronjoy Brahma
- Rainfall, hafiz qasim
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Insomnia', Merton Lee
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche