Dream is only dream
At the top of a tree
There was the last fruit,
And it was rosy, luscious and tempting.
I watched the tree,
And gloated on the fruit.
The fruit did not come down.
I sized the tree up,
It was too big for me to shake.
It took me a while to decide
What to do:
I finally decided to climb.
But by the time I reached the top
The fruit was gone.
A monkey had got it first.
I swore I would wring the neck of that animal.
Only that it had disappeared with the fruit.
There are some who like me
Spend their lives building dreams
But do nothing about them,
Ready to tear the world to pieces
When the dreams fizzle.
There are others who make dreams work for them.
Success is the end result of a concentrated
And sustained chain of actions.
While dreams are important,
It is as important to make them come true.
Mohabeer Beeharry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dream is only dream by Mohabeer Beeharry )
- The Piano Player, Stacy L. Mar
- How To Some It Tastes, Is It Poetry
- Snapshot Summer, Stacy L. Mar
- yeah, i'm in love. get over it, Mandolyn ...
- Blue Matter, Stacy L. Mar
- Dont dance my body, onzia dan
- Pizza Talk and English Beer, Stacy L. Mar
- Hurting 2, Michael McParland
- Pen it down, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Mountain Parkway, Stacy L. Mar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns