Dream is only dream
At the top of a tree
There was the last fruit,
And it was rosy, luscious and tempting.
I watched the tree,
And gloated on the fruit.
The fruit did not come down.
I sized the tree up,
It was too big for me to shake.
It took me a while to decide
What to do:
I finally decided to climb.
But by the time I reached the top
The fruit was gone.
A monkey had got it first.
I swore I would wring the neck of that animal.
Only that it had disappeared with the fruit.
There are some who like me
Spend their lives building dreams
But do nothing about them,
Ready to tear the world to pieces
When the dreams fizzle.
There are others who make dreams work for them.
Success is the end result of a concentrated
And sustained chain of actions.
While dreams are important,
It is as important to make them come true.
Mohabeer Beeharry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dream is only dream by Mohabeer Beeharry )
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey