RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sitting high above the ground, looking up and around, seeing
and sharing the beauty manifested in natural delight.
Tops of trees near or beneath me, giving different perspectives
of their growth and life.
Each blade of grass melts into a huge lawn, like outdoor carpet,
only growing, and I cannot see it's growth until it has been
Hearing sounds of rustling leaves like a stereo, playing easily
around me, water falling and splashing continuously, silently
portraying the fountain of my saddened heart.
Blue skies above, stretching out to all ends of the earth,
nighttime shadows solemnly lying upon the ground in gentle
prayer, heartened by grace found and shared through quiet
Many hearts and loves, lost and found, entering the gates of
heavenly bliss far from our earth of cares and woes.
Scanning life in distant stars, seeing lengthening shadows
for myself, gazing inward, contemplating the losses of my
Today is the first day of my impending old age and I am
hesitant inside, wondering what the following, last horizon
of life will be like.
Just like mazes in picture books, I must decide momentarily
where I will lead my life and follow paths along the sides
that I will and must create.
Holding the cross of life gently upward, feeling the
lightening of earthly burdens through the beauty of divine
My entire soul awaits the final moment in a glance as I
become the winged angel of my childhood dreams.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Final Moment by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- The Rainbow, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Cut Myself While Shaving, Kyle Schlicher
- The Basket Weavers, Holly Wotherspoon
- Eternal Life, Michael P. McParland
- Enriched, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Lights, Meriam Joseph
- 12/12/13, Andy Sayasone
- Endless Deep Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- Empty Nights, Michael P. McParland
- You Are......, Michael P. McParland
- आतंकवाद और उसका मज़हब (Terrorism and its.., Pawan Kumar Bharti