RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sitting high above the ground, looking up and around, seeing
and sharing the beauty manifested in natural delight.
Tops of trees near or beneath me, giving different perspectives
of their growth and life.
Each blade of grass melts into a huge lawn, like outdoor carpet,
only growing, and I cannot see it's growth until it has been
Hearing sounds of rustling leaves like a stereo, playing easily
around me, water falling and splashing continuously, silently
portraying the fountain of my saddened heart.
Blue skies above, stretching out to all ends of the earth,
nighttime shadows solemnly lying upon the ground in gentle
prayer, heartened by grace found and shared through quiet
Many hearts and loves, lost and found, entering the gates of
heavenly bliss far from our earth of cares and woes.
Scanning life in distant stars, seeing lengthening shadows
for myself, gazing inward, contemplating the losses of my
Today is the first day of my impending old age and I am
hesitant inside, wondering what the following, last horizon
of life will be like.
Just like mazes in picture books, I must decide momentarily
where I will lead my life and follow paths along the sides
that I will and must create.
Holding the cross of life gently upward, feeling the
lightening of earthly burdens through the beauty of divine
My entire soul awaits the final moment in a glance as I
become the winged angel of my childhood dreams.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Final Moment by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Filtrate, Akhtar Jawad
- I am gajananmishra, gajanan mishra
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)