We are farmers, we agree to culture.
Farming opportunities in deserts,
Through the windmills of our efforts.
We trap the sun in our eyes,
What's left we store in silicon's slice.
We sow endeavor. We till risk,
We are ruthless to the moment and brisk.
Our minds are like our lands,
Saline, sandy, loamy, fertile but always productive.
We learn what we need, leave what is not conducive.
We know addition multiplication, don't focus on substraction and division.
We sneeze, cough or go shy,
The stock exchange goes for a dive.
The crop grows in our eyes,
Fresh, minted, sparkling, bright,
The Reserve Bank of India her might,
Looks at us with pride
we are its delight.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Gujarati's by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- First Impressions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Is there any thing called death?, gajanan mishra
- Hiding In Daylight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My First Day, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Oh Stranger, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Thinking In Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Maze Of Togetherness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am a snowfall at your gate, Mark Heathcote
- Yakhni, Nassy Fesharaki
- Illuminating Shyness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak