I Hate People...... [humor? (I hope so): some personal thoughts]
Don’t YOU just hate some people? Wouldn’t you like them gone?
Some human-types I do despise, though some people over them do fawn.
The first that comes to mind is the “no-hands” bicycle-rider.
Driving my car past one yesterday, I wanted to broadside her.
I suppose they really aren’t such an awful lot and don’t deserve my hate,
but when I see them doing what I CAN’T do, upon my brain it does grate.
Other types which I’ve come to hate are some well-known mega-jocks.
The way they hit baskets, home runs, and finish lines.....does blow off my socks.
And what about singers, actors, and comedians who have achieved great fame?
Yes, they too I hate so badly. They make me feel so lame.
And then there are those men, whose lives I’d love to wreck;
the ones who, faced with contrary wives, remain CALM, .....while I’d want to ring her neck!
Okay! You’ve guessed it, perhaps. I really could never hate them.
But it seems I’m a dull piece of dusty gravel, and they are sparkling gems.
They’re NOT an “awful lot”, I don’t “despise” them, and I’d NOT wreck their lives for real.
To tell the truth, gosh darn it, it’s just envy I do feel.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Hate People...... [humor? (I hope so): some personal thoughts] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(28 May 1779 – 25 February 1852)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Television, Roald Dahl
Poem of the Day
- New York City, Dawson Walter Smith
- I will turn my eyes from you, Nero CaroZiv
- In Concert Tonight, Donal Mahoney
- January 1st,2015, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- One Needs The Other, Kyle Schlicher
- Escaping The World, silenced work
- Lonely, silenced work
- Agnostic Afloat, Donal Mahoney
- Unharmed Pinecones, Saiom Shriver