I Hate People...... [humor? (I hope so): some personal thoughts]
Don’t YOU just hate some people? Wouldn’t you like them gone?
Some human-types I do despise, though some people over them do fawn.
The first that comes to mind is the “no-hands” bicycle-rider.
Driving my car past one yesterday, I wanted to broadside her.
I suppose they really aren’t such an awful lot and don’t deserve my hate,
but when I see them doing what I CAN’T do, upon my brain it does grate.
Other types which I’ve come to hate are some well-known mega-jocks.
The way they hit baskets, home runs, and finish lines.....does blow off my socks.
And what about singers, actors, and comedians who have achieved great fame?
Yes, they too I hate so badly. They make me feel so lame.
And then there are those men, whose lives I’d love to wreck;
the ones who, faced with contrary wives, remain CALM, .....while I’d want to ring her neck!
Okay! You’ve guessed it, perhaps. I really could never hate them.
But it seems I’m a dull piece of dusty gravel, and they are sparkling gems.
They’re NOT an “awful lot”, I don’t “despise” them, and I’d NOT wreck their lives for real.
To tell the truth, gosh darn it, it’s just envy I do feel.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Hate People...... [humor? (I hope so): some personal thoughts] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- Spin of a coin, Tribhawan Kaul
- Knowing Fragments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Woman in the Rains, Akhtar Jawad
- In the depths of a grim winter (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- TO THE INSOMNIAC, sathya narayana
- Season is unfavorable,, Aftab Alam
- English As My Second Language, Tony Adah
- Without Taking A Breath, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I wonder if all men long for a girl… (ca.., Gert Strydom
- Is it absurd to fall too deep?, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)