I Hate People...... [humor? (I hope so): some personal thoughts]
Don’t YOU just hate some people? Wouldn’t you like them gone?
Some human-types I do despise, though some people over them do fawn.
The first that comes to mind is the “no-hands” bicycle-rider.
Driving my car past one yesterday, I wanted to broadside her.
I suppose they really aren’t such an awful lot and don’t deserve my hate,
but when I see them doing what I CAN’T do, upon my brain it does grate.
Other types which I’ve come to hate are some well-known mega-jocks.
The way they hit baskets, home runs, and finish lines.....does blow off my socks.
And what about singers, actors, and comedians who have achieved great fame?
Yes, they too I hate so badly. They make me feel so lame.
And then there are those men, whose lives I’d love to wreck;
the ones who, faced with contrary wives, remain CALM, .....while I’d want to ring her neck!
Okay! You’ve guessed it, perhaps. I really could never hate them.
But it seems I’m a dull piece of dusty gravel, and they are sparkling gems.
They’re NOT an “awful lot”, I don’t “despise” them, and I’d NOT wreck their lives for real.
To tell the truth, gosh darn it, it’s just envy I do feel.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Hate People...... [humor? (I hope so): some personal thoughts] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- 강남오피 >>(밤의전쟁) << BAMWAR3.COM, sarah wight1
- Another Day With You, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Waiting for winter., David Lessard
- That Was Then..., David Lewis Paget
- There Are So Many Things..., Dr John Celes
- For Alex in Winter, Neal Beightol
- Last Words, Josilinia Plyman
- Bogus Are Your Deeds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- An Unfortunate Death, Kim Barney
- in time, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Aphrodisiac, Sheldon Allan Silverstein
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)