- - - - In Awe of Blue
This morning the sun spattered the world with blue
Skies and from their resting places the winds blew
In reply. Now around us we see blue jays,
Blue grass, blue bells, blue ribbons, all sea blue.
The birds scatter from here and everywhere
And we’re in awe of what comes out of the blue.
What do we detect above the mountain tops?
Could there be aliens beyond outer blue?
Happy those who tan themselves on sea shore sand
Having salt-water waves washing them with blue.
Sometimes I wonder about this color too.
How can some ever be saying “I feel blue.”?
I want to take the sky, wrap it around you
and me. We could be enrobed in peaceful blue.
- October 3,2009
Published online Dec.21,2009 by The Ghazal Page in the Color Radif Challenge Issue. Go to: http: //www.ghazalpage.net/
Ben Gieske's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (- - - - In Awe of Blue by Ben Gieske )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- One Of My Many Korean Dreams (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- My Loss, Tiku akp
- TRUE LOVE IN THE POETESS' EYES الحب الحق.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Private Obsession, Electric Lady
- Dispossessed Nests By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Princess, Gabriel Jirgba
- THE PRETTY RAMADAN IS GOING TO EXPIRE AF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lullaby For The Doomed, Willian Menuci
- into her goblet, gordon nosworthy
- Night's Tale, Willian Menuci