Life seemed to be so good...
Life seemed to be so good
when we were small,
when someone was always there
every time we would fall.
When everyone would bear
our tantrums and fears
and everyone tried his best
to wipe our drops of tears.
When the books, pencils and crayons
to us used to be sacred
and we had no enemies
as we didn't knew of hatred.
When no one used to be hurt
by anything we used to say
and we would patch up every fight
at the most within a day.
When every single person
with us had wanted to play
and to convince someone
we had nothing to say.
When we didn't care to complete
assignments pages after page
and we could kiss with much ease
a beautiful girl of our age.
When all we cared was for
our things and our friends
and we knew nothing of fashion
or following the latest trends.
When for reaching a place
we never had to hurry,
When for our coming future
we never had to worry.
I know these thoughts of mine
may just be called a bit insane,
but Oh God! ! ! How I wish -
Can't those days may come again?
Rishabh Bidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Life seemed to be so good... by Rishabh Bidya )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Anthem For Doomed Youth, Wilfred Owen
Poem of the Day
- Life Goes Clockwise, But..., Richard Blay
- Face the Wind, Paul Sebastian
- The three happy man are in the world, no.., Yuri Starostin
- Far away stare, Cee Bea
- N.D.F.B. Lai katna jau, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Ayandolu, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Unspoiled Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Surrender The Anguish, lingering stupor
- New Year 2015, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Serenity Of Air, lingering stupor