Love At First Sight
I saw towards the horizon
evening's amber sun shone,
and in a corner of the garden
I saw a girl sitting alone.
I walked slowly towards her
and asked, 'Oh maiden, what's your name? '.
She told me it was 'Rosie'
and asked me the question same.
She was almost as tall as me
and had curly black hair.
She spoke with a soft voice
and was just a bit fair.
If beautiful girls were diamonds,
she would have been a pearl.
From somewhere my heart heard a voice,
'You are being pulled by this girl.'
On the fourteenth of february,
I will invite her to dine
and then I will ask her,
'Will you be my valentine? '
The answer will be affirmative,
she has a heart very pure.
She will be surprised for a moment,
of this I was very sure.
I talked to her for sometime
such beauty is so rare
and I thought about myself,
we would make a fine pair.
'Oh my God! ', I said to myself,
'This is love at first sight',
and I awakened to realise,
I'd been dreaming all night.
- Rishabh Bidya
Rishabh Bidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love At First Sight by Rishabh Bidya )
- On The Brink Of Heaven, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Names, Frank Avon
- Freedom, stephen ifill
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Nov. .., Brian Johnston
- Missing Links, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Evermore, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- A lovely even for the stars of respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Silence Passed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am thankful for my children Ethan, and.., Sagrario Garcia
- The universe is conspiring in our favor, Sagrario Garcia
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(1644 - 1694)