It has been raining.
Sloshing through the alleys of my mind.
I fall into an open drain hole,
Yell at the municipality folks,
The shout drowns as I go down,
The tube of darkness to you tube,
I scramble up, gather my little senses,
Look for lost glasses, find reflections.
I trudge on, this road is wider.
It's still raining.
I wonder why no soul is in sight.
Where are the street lights?
There is no LED yet its as bright as your eyes can be.
The road seems endless, I am hungry,
I wonder where is my car? Why am I walking?
Where is the food joint? Where is a sign board?
Suddenly it opens into a dense forest,
It is still raining.
I decide to take a little rest,
Sit down, turn into a mushroom,
And am waiting.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mushroom by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Inner Beauty Growing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Baby Hurt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Pride and Honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney