Only Two People In The World? .............. [Relationships/marriage; tongue-in-cheek humor; personal? ; QUITE SHORT]
My wives have pointed out each flaw I have,
not bothering to ease my hurt with salve.
They've said I'm mean and that I'm a bore.
They've stricken my heartstrings to the core.
They've listened to evil gossip others said.
They've cursed me out and wished me dead.
So finally, each time, my surrender flag I've unfurled.
I'm glad they weren't the ONLY women in the world! !
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
even though i HAVE been divorced three times and my present marriage is not all 'a bed of roses', i have not regretted my marriages. but my mother and my ex-wives might all have regretted them! women! ! ! !
Comments about this poem (Only Two People In The World? .............. [Relationships/marriage; tongue-in-cheek humor; personal? ; QUITE SHORT] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Inner Beauty Growing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Baby Hurt, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Pride and Honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney