RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Raising Children Without Hatred
Stimulating thought, urging me to write incessantly, letting
ideas accumulate and become inviting.
Seeing the travesties of this world still taking place, some
from the dark ages.
Wondering why we have progressed so much in technology, and
yet can't get along with one another.
What is the missing equation in this mathematical problem,
why can't we solve it?
Knowing that every individual has talents unique to themselves,
yet not everyone uses them or doesn't use them intelligently.
Hatred of another is so commonplace even now, why can't people
overlook color of skin and poverty of others?
Everyone is still human, there must be a common denominator to
be focused on, disrupting the angry thoughts of hatred.
Raising children properly without teaching them to dislike
others just because they are different is a beginning step.
Yet, those who hate, continue it's source by teaching their
children what they themselves have learned from their parents.
Why not decide, make a choice in their lives to get rid of it
and begin to tolerate others by getting to know them better.
Allowing everyone to live side by side, sharing their lives
without any peculiarities of discrimination?
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Raising Children Without Hatred by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- The Old Dane Gun, Tony Adah
- Rijles, Madrason writer
- Game On Us, Malaya Roses
- MATHS; Mental Attack To Healthy Students?, Anishka Singh
- ಕುಮಾರ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- The Lion Tamer - Extract from Phantasmag.., Matthew Lawler
- The Joy Of Christmas, Joseph Ogbonna
- Fearsome route, gajanan mishra
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1886 - 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)