How much do you want to run?
Where you are running into?
Is it into a Marathon Race?
Destination is same
The moment you are born
Running race begins.
Ready, All set..Go..
Starting point of each one is different
But the ending point is same.
So where are we running?
To kiss the line of death.
Which is our finishing point.
Whatever we do...
Whatever we make...
Whatever we earn...
Eat a food to either to fill our stomach
Or just to satisfy hunger.
To wear only one dress, at a time...
Only one cot to sleep.
At the End...
We require Only One Coffin of just six feet
Below the soil,
Even the last journey can be
full of near ones.
Or very few ones
Or can be cremated in a lavish way
Or in ordinary way too..
Or burnt to ashes
Which will mix with soil.
Life is one only
Life is worth if your presence could make others Happy!
And your absence is also felt by others.
Good deeds are often remembered even after death!
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ready.....All Set.....Go! by Geetha Jayakumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- What I Hold Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Signature Rythmn, Bob Bradley
- Privileged Society, Bob Bradley
- My Little War, Bob Bradley
- Where is it?, Fahri Tasim
- am i pretty?, Rodney R. Cooper
- true story, bro, Mandolyn ...
- What Would I Had Done, Abekah Emmanuel
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas