How much do you want to run?
Where you are running into?
Is it into a Marathon Race?
Destination is same
The moment you are born
Running race begins.
Ready, All set..Go..
Starting point of each one is different
But the ending point is same.
So where are we running?
To kiss the line of death.
Which is our finishing point.
Whatever we do...
Whatever we make...
Whatever we earn...
Eat a food to either to fill our stomach
Or just to satisfy hunger.
To wear only one dress, at a time...
Only one cot to sleep.
At the End...
We require Only One Coffin of just six feet
Below the soil,
Even the last journey can be
full of near ones.
Or very few ones
Or can be cremated in a lavish way
Or in ordinary way too..
Or burnt to ashes
Which will mix with soil.
Life is one only
Life is worth if your presence could make others Happy!
And your absence is also felt by others.
Good deeds are often remembered even after death!
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ready.....All Set.....Go! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)