Reaching the Top! ! !
Reaching the top was never my passion.
Writing and sharing poems is my passion.
Its this passion brought me here.
I love to write poem with free flow.
I cannot stop writing.
Whether I am in top or bottom
Never bother me at all.
I always wanted,
My pleasant voice will speak in poems.
Love to listen to your cool voice too.
If I reach the top,
But none to appreciate,
Will make me worthless,
Rather I prefer to remain down
And loved by all.
After reaching top
Whats the great in it.
Just a look in mirror and have a great laugh!
In heart is more important than reaching the top.
Many times in my life
I never participated in race of life.
I always took coolly.
Whether be the relationship or anything.
I will do my best
If I deserve, I will get else not.
I don't regret for loosing any,
Because it was never meant for me,
or I was not meant for it...
Life has taught me to loose always.
Because many times after loosing
I have won it from my heart.
In relationships of life, I am ready
To loose the game rather than to win.
But, I am on top of the world,
when I see happiness on my loved ones face.
I think loosing to win is better
Than winning and loosing everyone!
Its thats what life has taught me.
Whether I am on top or on bottom
I am always the winner in my heart! !
Yes, I am always the winner!
Submitted: Wednesday, October 09,2013
Edited: Wednesday, October 09,2013
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reaching the Top! ! ! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(1924 - 2000)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Beautiful Dusk, Shachi Kaul
- New year, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Am Ready, Kyle Schlicher
- Sonnet: The God of Fairness, Justice and.., Dr John Celes
- Affection for, hasmukh amathalal
- Not a jungle., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- They Are Editing Journals To Be Poets & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- unemployment, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Pearl of Wisdom, hafiz qasim
- As lovely chance, hasmukh amathalal