Sleepless In Cornwall U.K.
Help! I'm submerging beneath waves of words.
It's three in the morning in Cornwall U.K.
I'm meant to be sleeping, but rest just disturbs
The march of the Muse on poor sleepless Fay!
I've counted sheep vaulting countless barred gates,
Tossed, turned, then bored in my untidy bed
Sleep flown, now the Muse begins and dictates
Rhythms and metres to my sleepy head,
So, bolstered with coffee plus paper and pen
I resist the compulsion no more.
I scribble, erase, then scribble again.
Nothing emerges, and now it's past four!
What made me think I could ever write rhyme?
I know! - just for fun I'll post this on line! !
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleepless In Cornwall U.K. by Fay Slimm )
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre
- Trapped Inside, Pamela Carroll
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon
- Winter Twilight Haiku, Chenou Liu
- The Season of His Birth, Frank Avon
- The Man Who Cut His Left Leg, Sergi Dutronc
- Back agin, Rodney R. Cooper
- Science Vs Spirituality, Tushar Ray
- Everlasting silence, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken