Something Is There In Your Eyes!
Something is there in your eyes
That has robbed me of my heart
Now, I resound like an empty vessel
That is emptied even of any definite shape –
Formless is the well-formed.
Nothing is visible to the crevices
Of my eyes and
The dreary spirit of autumn
Has perched on the
Of my self.
That is how beauty plays its part
In the passionate game of romance.
I feel like an object discarded
Or an earthenware cast ashore
By time’s violent waves.
The gloss on my surface is tainted
By the rust of putrid promises.
Who knows how long am I to suffer
In the barren vale of dreams!
Shahid Sarwar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Something Is There In Your Eyes! by Shahid Sarwar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Truth, joe foster
- After work, Manny Furious
- The Problem, Aayush Pandey
- No exit, gajanan mishra
- Contemporary loneliness on a Monday night, Manny Furious
- Resting for once...., Manny Furious
- Laying on the grass in early June, Manny Furious
- don't have to believe, Bull Hawking
- After pulling weeds...., Manny Furious
- Mental Health...., Manny Furious