Something Is There In Your Eyes!
Something is there in your eyes
That has robbed me of my heart
Now, I resound like an empty vessel
That is emptied even of any definite shape –
Formless is the well-formed.
Nothing is visible to the crevices
Of my eyes and
The dreary spirit of autumn
Has perched on the
Of my self.
That is how beauty plays its part
In the passionate game of romance.
I feel like an object discarded
Or an earthenware cast ashore
By time’s violent waves.
The gloss on my surface is tainted
By the rust of putrid promises.
Who knows how long am I to suffer
In the barren vale of dreams!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Something Is There In Your Eyes! by Shahid Sarwar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Owl & Handbag, sheena blackhall
- Lighthouse, sheena blackhall
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter
- La Plonge, sheena blackhall
- On Waking, Rodrigo Diaz
- Death of the Hares, sheena blackhall
- 10 Scots poems from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Queen Patrenialla - Part 3 Page 2, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..