Something Is There In Your Eyes!
Something is there in your eyes
That has robbed me of my heart
Now, I resound like an empty vessel
That is emptied even of any definite shape –
Formless is the well-formed.
Nothing is visible to the crevices
Of my eyes and
The dreary spirit of autumn
Has perched on the
Of my self.
That is how beauty plays its part
In the passionate game of romance.
I feel like an object discarded
Or an earthenware cast ashore
By time’s violent waves.
The gloss on my surface is tainted
By the rust of putrid promises.
Who knows how long am I to suffer
In the barren vale of dreams!
Shahid Sarwar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Something Is There In Your Eyes! by Shahid Sarwar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Big Ivory!, Denis Martindale
- My Eyes Blue And Clear, Kyle Schlicher
- Tomorrow I, Sadiqullah Khan
- Elegy To A Gypsy Lass, richard harris
- Firewater, Sadiqullah Khan
- Multiplied By Each Mind, Margaret Alice Second
- de reporter, co the skipper
- Knock the Door Down, Sadiqullah Khan
- Trails Of Love, Lilly Emery