Stranger Among The Crowd
A familiar face among the flock
Was it the one with that unique allure? ?
With those eyes casting the magical spell? ?
Who walked in, just to fasten the crowd? ?
Something glued a bond so strong,
Stranger turned comrade before any long
Opened the doors till then closed,
Together we walked through path not so long.
A magnet so eloquent, didn't spare me either.
But one who played the foul game,
Somehow cleaved a drift of ego,
Drifted the plates far apart.
As tussle of words toothed revenge,
Never sensed what was at risk
What burned down was a fine relation.
As times of yore flashed off the eyes,
Confusion chopped down the wits.
Caught in sarcastic moments of fictitious fancy,
Searched around, else should I miss.
If a Lone sight could revive those memories,
A bare smile could melt the ice,
A simple 'hello'could sink the silence,
An awful chuckle could start up another row,
Mere presence could sustain the frozen friendship.
Though it echoed 'it's not him'
Searched among the crowds,
Desperately, for an another glance
Before I could, he wiped off...into the crowd.
Anamika Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stranger Among The Crowd by Anamika Jayakumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Persimmon Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- The read., Meena Somasundaram
- Time is Time, Juliet Languedoc
- The Garbage Is Collected On Thursday, Kyle Schlicher
- Are The Girls For To Be Sold & Bought?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Thirteen, Kyle Schlicher
- A strong strife!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I.H.Rizvi As A Romantic Indian English P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life In A Beer Commercial, Kyle Schlicher