Tiffany Rose Moczydlowski
Tape And Glue
''My heart is very fragile, held together
By a bit of tape and glue.
It can't handle being shattered again;
Keep it safe and hold it close,
So that it might heal.''
Unable to deal with another blow,
I gave you the opportunity to
Revive or repress my happiness.
Would you dropp my weakened heart
All in due time?
I couldn't predict the outcome.
You worked your way into it.
The tape and glue fell away
As you took their place in
Piecing it together and repairing my wounds
With your tender love that fills
The once gaping, hollow spaces where
Missing components were never regained
And the cracks that were forged
Through the most powerful of pressures.
The last remedy that has a possibility
Of succeeding is your time, your love,
And your life.
For now my heart is strong,
With your essence infused within it,
But if you were to attempt to
Abandon it, when you provide its
Only structure, the slivers that remain
Would hardly be salvageable
And forced to be scrapped.
You've made a permanent mark
On this once battered, worn,
Torn and tattered heart, and
It can no longer survive without you.
Tiffany Rose Moczydlowski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tape And Glue by Tiffany Rose Moczydlowski )
- For All The Love In Me, Sasha Claire Beckains
- Sick of Seeing So Much Violence on the S.., Hebert Logerie
- Tomar charan dhuli, ramesh rai
- All horizons, hasmukh amathalal
- The area of no envy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Your true friend is in you, Ashwini Annigeri
- Towards someone, hasmukh amathalal
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #21, Ronjoy Brahma
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #20, Ronjoy Brahma
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #18, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Call It Music, Philip Levine
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(January 10, 1928)