The Story of a Father and Son....
The scene outside the maternity ward
Tensed, anxiety and curious looks, Oh my lord!
The sudden shriek of baby cry is heard
Hurray! ! ! a baby boy is born, a nurse declared.
The onset of your life's journey began here
Our happiness and joy doubled with cheer,
Your were pampered and treated with utmost care
Love poured in from everywhere!
You were taught to walk and talk
Daddy, What is that? you once asked,
Its a 'bird' darling, I answered 21 times,
But patiently smiling and hugging you every time.
You grew then into a handsome young boy
Independent now you were, no more a coy,
I supported you for your choice of life partner
My journey somewhat began alone hereafter................
Since your mom left me making me forlorn
Today am frail, brittle is my bone,
You once said, 'Come lets go for a walk dad,
Its a long time a private moment we had'
The history repeats, we say
I asked you, What is it my son' in the park 10 times
Its a 'bird' dad, you yelled at me,
With wet eyes I moved away mutely.
Back was I with an old tattered yellow paged diary,
'Have a look at this my son,
This narrates the same instance when you were a child
And how I answered you patiently without a sigh'
Don't do this to me my dear,
Am old now and my grave is near,
Am back to where you were 30 years ago,
That's the lifes cycle through which everyone has to go.
Son tearfully held my arm,
Said 'Sorry if I did harm,
I Love you and will always,
Will never ever let you down.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The 7 Stages of Human Life include Infancy, Childhood, Adolescence, Youth, Adulthood, Middle age and Old age!
Not that we can pass through all these stages of life,
As childre our life's journey begins
& As children if we depart, then its a Win!
Comments about this poem (The Story of a Father and Son.... by Kavya ... )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Rosy - 2, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Nangalum Manidan Than!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Time For Healing and Time to Love, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Merry-Christmas, gajanan mishra
- The best of surrenders, A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash P ..
- This world is yours, gajanan mishra
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa