They all left the park
Jesus was with Mohammed in a park near the lake
Buddha, Confucius and Mahabir Jain
Were sitting on another bench,
Eating some ground nuts, peeling off their shells.
Buddha said ' Hey Jesus - so long where had you been'
Smilingly he replied ' I was with Mohammed,
in his house during the last two days '
Mahabir was asking ' Hey - Confu, where is Hu En Sung'
' Taking a little more time to carry his own chair'.
All those friends were in a laughter
And welcome Hu En Sung.
They sang some light songs
Clapping and dancing together.
All the people, being gathered around them
Were humming with delight in a smiling face.
People around were of different color and beliefs
The park was filled with tranquility and peace.
Sun is set, darkness loomed
Silence is hovering around,
They all left the park.
The park is now in deep dark.
Amitava (22.7.2014) 6-00 am
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY AMITAVA SUR
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (They all left the park by Amitava Sur )
Did you read them?
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)